From childhood to old age, dental problems are prevalent. The reason why many of us have dental problems is that our teeth don’t fit together properly. In addition, our jaw can sometimes go out of position due to improperly placed teeth. If you are the one who is experiencing bad bite problems, you should visit Enfield Royal Clinics for Bite Correction Surgery in Islamabad.
On this page, you will learn about how it performs, its results, benefits, cost and many more. So, take a moment and read the following details.
An Overview – Bite Correction Surgery:
Orthognathic surgery, commonly referred to as bite correction surgery, is a type of surgical technique used to treat structural issues with the jaw or teeth that result in an incorrect bite. Numerous dental and oral health difficulties, as well as problems with the function and look of the jaw and face, can be brought on by an incorrect bite.
An oral and maxillofacial surgeon, who specializes in surgery of the mouth, jaw, and face, often performs it. To attain a more perfect bite and facial appearance, the operation may involve adjusting the upper jaw (maxilla), the lower jaw (mandible), or both.
Purpose Of The Surgery:
The purpose of bite correction surgery, also known as orthognathic surgery, is to correct structural abnormalities of the jaw or teeth that cause an improper bite. An improper bite can lead to several dental and oral health problems, as well as issues with the function and appearance of the jaw and face. The goals of bite correction surgery include:
- Improving the bite.
- Enhancing facial aesthetics.
- Better oral health.
- Reducing the risk of future problems.
Overall, the purpose of bite correction surgery is to improve the function and appearance of the mouth, jaw, and face, while reducing the risk of future dental and oral health problems.
What To Expect In Results?
The results of orthognathic surgery, sometimes referred to as bite correction surgery, might vary depending on the specific case, the degree of the procedure, and other factors including the patient’s age and general health.
The best results from bite correction surgery may not be immediately apparent, therefore patients may need to adhere to a personalised treatment plan that includes physical therapy, orthodontic treatment, and regular check-ups with their oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
Generally, there are countless benefits of this surgery. Some major and common benefits are mentioned below:
- Improved bite alignment, leading to better chewing, speaking and breathing.
- Enhanced facial aesthetics and a more balanced and attractive appearance.
- Reduced risk of future dental problems, such as tooth decay, gum disease etc.
- Improved oral hygiene due to easier access for proper cleaning of teeth.
- Lessen strain on the jaw joint and muscles, leading to relief from jaw pain and headaches.
- Improved posture, as bite correction surgery, can improve the alignment of the spine and reduce strain on the neck and shoulders.
- Enhanced self-esteem and confidence due to the improved appearance and function of the teeth and jaw.
- It will reduce the risk of snoring and sleep apnea due to improved breathing during sleep.
- Overall improvement in health is important because oral difficulties can hurt systemic health.
Am I A Right Candidate For It?
Before undergoing the procedure of Bite Correction Surgery, you must be the right candidate for it. Some common indications that you may be a candidate for bite correction surgery include:
- To have severe malocclusion.
- If you have jaw abnormalities.
- To improve and fix facial asymmetry.
- A person who doesn’t trust non-surgical treatments anymore.
- If you have oral health issues.
Your oral and maxillofacial surgeon can guide you to the best method of treatment for your particular needs and help you decide if you are a good candidate for bite correction surgery.
The Procedure – Step By Step:
It is a complex surgical procedure that typically involves multiple stages. Here are the general steps involved in the procedure:
- Consultation and planning: An oral and maxillofacial surgeon consultation is the initial stage of the procedure. The surgeon will assess your condition, go through your available options for treatment, and develop a personalised treatment plan at this visit.
- Pre-operative preparation: You will need to undergo a thorough pre-operative evaluation before surgery to make sure you are healthy enough to have it. This evaluation may include diagnostic imaging, blood testing, and other procedures.
- Anaesthesia: Typically, a general anaesthetic is used during bite correction surgery, so you will be asleep during the surgery.
- Incisions: To reach the jawbones, the surgeon will make incisions within the mouth, typically on the inside of the upper lip and inside the mouth on the lower jaw.
- Bone repositioning and cuts: To restore alignment and correct the bite, the surgeon will use specialised tools to cut and realign the upper and/or lower jaw bones.
- Grafting bones: Bone grafts might be required in some situations to maintain the new jaw position or to help fill in places where there has been a bone loss.
- Fixation: Small screws, plates, or wires will hold the bones in their new position so they can mend properly.
- Closing incisions: The incisions will be closed with sutures.
Recovery And Aftercare:
Recovery from bite correction surgery, also known as orthognathic surgery, can take several weeks to several months and will depend on the extent of the surgery and your individual healing process. Here are some general guidelines for recovery and aftercare:
- You may experience some pain and discomfort in the first few days after surgery, which can be managed with pain medication prescribed by your surgeon.
- Swelling of the face and jaw is common after orthognathic surgery and can take several weeks to subside. Applying ice packs to the affected area can help reduce swelling.
- It’s important to keep your mouth clean and free from infection following surgery. Your surgeon may recommend a special mouthwash or other cleaning regimens to prevent infection and promote healing.
- Following surgery, you will need to follow a soft or liquid diet for several weeks, and gradually reintroduce solid foods as directed by your surgeon.
- You will need to avoid strenuous physical activity and sports for several weeks after surgery, as these activities can disrupt the healing process.
- You will need to attend regular follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor your progress and ensure that the bones are healing properly.
The Cost And Its Impacting Factors:
The cost of Bite Correction Surgery in Islamabad may vary from person to person. It will be calculated after examining the condition and according to suitable treatment. Also, there are some common factors that can impact the actual cost of the treatment. Such as:
- The experienced surgeon’s fee.
- Location and reputation of the clinic.
- Type of method for bite correction.
- The number of sessions (if required).
- Other additional charges.
To know more about the cost or its factors, you can contact or visit our clinic anytime. Our experts will guide you accordingly.
Bite Correction Surgery in Islamabad is performed by repositioning the jaws to fix incorrect alignment and correcting dental occlusion.
Pain can be managed with medication, and local anesthesia is used during surgery to minimize discomfort.
Recovery time for Bite Correction Surgery in Islamabad can take a few weeks to several months, depending on the extent of the procedure and individual healing factors.
Risks and complications of Bite Correction Surgery in Islamabad include bleeding, infection, nerve damage, changes in facial appearance, and the need for additional surgeries.
The results of Bite Correction Surgery in Islamabad can last for many years if proper oral hygiene and maintenance are followed.
Braces or other orthodontic appliances may still be needed after Bite Correction Surgery in Islamabad to ensure optimal alignment and prevent relapse.
The cost of Bite Correction Surgery in Islamabad will vary depending on factors such as extent of the procedure, surgeon experience, and geographic location. It is best to consult with a qualified dental professional for pricing information.
Book Your Appointment With Us!
Therefore, feel free to visit Enfield Royal Clinics for bite correction treatments if you want to fix your bad biting issues and improve your appearance with a natural look. In every treatment, we’ll deliver powerful, lasting effects that restore your quality of life.